How Much Does Wallpaper Installation Cost?
Welcome to the article: How much does wallpaper installation cost?
Being a professional wallpaper hanger, one of the most common questions asked by our clients is, “How much does it cost to install wallpaper?”. It’s a frequent query since wallpaper can transform a room but also represents an investment. So let us break down how the prices are worked out:
Understanding Wallpaper Installation Costs
Here at Bluespec Decorating Limited we do not have fixed price for wallpaper installation. The cost of wallpaper installation can be as varied as the wallpapers themselves, influenced by factors such as the type of wallpaper, the size of the space, the complexity of the job, geographical location and parking availability.
Factors Affecting Cost
- Wall Preparation: Your walls need to be smooth and clean before installation. The walls need to have a coat of primer sealer applied (special primer sealer for wallpaper installation). If the walls require prep work, this will add to the total price of the project.
- Lining paper -Lining paper may be needed for your type of wallpaper. Delicate and paper backed wallcoverings require to be crosslined with lining paper and applied with a thin coat of paste on top of the lining paper.
- Untrimmed papers – Some papers come untrimmed and require a hand trimming on a wallpapering table;
- Type of Wallpaper: Vinyl, fabric, linen, leather, or designer wallpapers – the type of wallpaper you choose can dramatically affect the cost. For example, vinyl is often more economical, while high-end or designer wallpapers will add to the cost.
- Room Size and Layout: It’s simple – the larger the room, the more expensive the job due to more material and labour. Additionally, rooms with many windows, doors, or complex architectural features can increase costs because they require more time and precision to wallpaper effectively.
- Project Location: In London parking changes and congestion charge costs could be significant, so that also adds cost and is included in your quotation.
Why Call a Professional:
Wallpaper installation is an art that benefits from professional hands. Not only do our professionals ensure smooth, seamless application, they can also troubleshoot issues like uneven walls, complex patterns that require precise matching, as well as tricky areas like bathrooms or kitchens.
The Value Adds Up:
While considering the cost of hiring a professional wallpaper hanger, think about the value it adds – the longevity of properly applied wallpaper and the aesthetic transformation of your space. Also, the time and frustration saved on attempted DIY applications. Our professional wallpaper hangers will deliver the finest finish and will make your installation hassle-free.
Have you Got any Questions?
Have a look at our FAQ here. Our team at Bluespec Decorating Limited is always happy to help with any questions that you may have.
How to Get a Quote:
Simply email us or call us with as many details of your project as possible and arrange a site visit if necessary. We will provide you with a detailed quote that includes all the materials, labour, and wallpaper quantities upon request.